Friday, July 18, 2008

Berean Christian Church


Last weekend I visited Berean Christian Church. This church had the first missions conference in their history. During the conference I set up a booth with information about OM. On Saturday, Heinz joined me with a book table with a selection of OM resources and books.

The special part of this conference was, that the church was African American. Historically, African American churches have not played a large role in world missions. This is changing. During the conference, many speakers emphsized the fact about the need and the necessity for world missions among the African AMerican churches.

On Friday night, there was a celebration service. The speaker was very energetic and her sermon got a lot of "hallelujahs" and "that's rights", from the audience. ANd also many times: "Preach!". Totally different to what I am used to. But is is great to be part of the body of Christ like this.


Heinz being filmed


A dance group worshiped during the celebration service

No comments: