I finished my first week of the winter quarter. I'm taking four classes: Package Design, Creative Imaging, Publication Design, and Senior Project. Lots of big projects and lots of work! One cool thing: for my creative imaging class the professor is making us create all of our images by hand and keep a sketchbook and sketch EVERY day. This might not sound like a big deal, but in graphic design school you start out with all the fine art classes (painting, drawing, sculpture, etc.) and you end with all your computer and software classes. Somewhere a long the way I stopped drawing and painting (something I used to really enjoy). Ofcourse I always have to draw... but I didn't really focus on it as much. I'm really enjoying that aspect of the class.
I am blessed to only have classes on three days during the week. So I don't have to drive to school (45 miles, often through city traffic) as often. The downside is that on Mondays and Wednesdays I have very long night classes and don't get home till about 10:30. Our schedules don't really coordinate very well on those days.
Please pray for me in my studies! It's a lot of work and stress. Pray that Edgar and I can work out our schedules and still have a lot of time to spend together.
Saturday, January 13, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment