Before the event, I was assigned to greet the crowds in a national costume. Here I am wearing a dress I bought in Senegal in West Africa. With me: Lindsay (in full Muslim covering), Jill wearing an Asian dress, and Lisa in a Guatemalan costume

Edgar and I were also both in a skit representing Europe.

We also were herded into the flag parade.

You can't see me, but I'm holding the Uganda flag (yellow, red and black stripes) We also had special house guests for the week. Some of you may know them: Francois and Karin Vosloo, our Doulos "parents." It was really cool to see them again.
So after a busy week I woke up on Sunday morning and found that I couldn't move!! My neck was literally stuck. I couldn't sit up by myself and any slight movement of my head or left arm brought stabs of significant pain! Very strange and I started to freak out, thinking I was paralyzed! Edgar, however, told me he'd had the same thing a bunch of times before and that it would go away. It took several hours of heating pads and muscle ointments before I could start to move my head again. I still have a "stiff neck" but it's getting better and better. Maybe it was stress? Tiredness? God knows. I'm just glad it's going away!
So now we're back to "normal" work. Edgar left this morning for a Recruiting trip to West Palm Beach, Florida. He's visiting Palm Beach Atlantic University for the week. I'm back at my desk trying to find inspiration and fighting a feeling of I-hate-everything-I've-designed-lately. But I am looking forward to a girls night I'm hosting at my house tomorrow night and maybe some quality time in my garage refinishing furniture this week.
No comments:
Post a Comment