Last week I visited a university in Florida. But in able to get there I had to travel by plane. You always meet interesting people on the way. When Mark and I were waiting at the ATL airport to board our plane we were talking about the short term mission teams that the university would send out. A girl who was working on her laptop overheard our conversation and asked me about our organization.
She had been on some mission trips and was trying to get into nursing school. I showed her on her laptop the www.omusa.org website and the specific medical options we have. Although she is still studying she was interested in the options.
On my way back I traveled by myself. I was reading a book on the life of Corrie ten Boom. Two older ladies sat next to me and started a conversation on the book. They were on their way to an international Catholic convention in Chicago about stewardship.
We talked about the Netherlands and about stewardship in their parish. One of the ladies was very interested in Corrie ten Boom's life and I promised her the book when I was done.
After the flight I waited for her and gave her the book. I got two big hugs from the ladies and we wished each other good travels.
I like to travel!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment