
It's been a while since our last post... the main news is from Edgar's side. He's been traveling. A LOT. Right now he's in Texas on his 4th week-long trip in a row! He's basically home on the weekends, and then heads out again. This fall he's been to Florida, New York, South Carolina, and now Texas. So when he is home we try to squeeze in as much fun time as possible.
One weekend I surprised him by taking him to a local marching-band competition. Sound nerdy? That's cuz it kinda IS: in a fun-small-town sorta way. *Little known fact: Edgar used to play trumpet in a marching band that was ranked national champions in their class!*
Here we are at Newnan High!


And another weekend hiking-trip to Kennesaw Georgia.




We also like our new town. We live out of the city limits, but enjoy going "downtown" for a stroll through the historic districts and a nice cup of coffee. I'm a big fan of small towns and their idiosyncrasies. I was delighted to learn of Newnan's monthly bluegrass street festival. We stopped by to listen to about 15-20 musicians huddled on a street corner, jamming away. It was great. I also love bluegrass!
Newnan's beautiful old courthouse on the square

One of our favorite neighborhoods to walk.


The bluegrass.
No comments:
Post a Comment