Sunday, December 31, 2006

New York City











Since Edgar was scheduled to go to the Urbana Conference in St. Louis from December 6-January 1, I decided I really didn't want to sit alone by myself! Every year since I can remember one of my best friends, Meghan, and her family (my second family!) have invited me to go with them on their yearly family vacation to New York! I never was able to go with them. This year, however, I snatched the opportunity and had a wonderful time with them. My first time in New York!
Meghan is obsessed with Musical Theatre... so I got to go with them to 4 shows on Broadway over 3 days! Wow. We saw Mamma Mia!, The Drowsy Chaperone, The Apple Tree, and the Martin Short show. Meghan and Carrie (another friend along on the trip) ran to the stage door after every performance to meet the cast. The shows were fun and fabulous, and although we had to wait a long time in the cold to meet the cast, it was really cool. A highlight: meeting Kristin Chenoweth!
Being the art nerd that I am... I must say I thought I was in HEAVEN during my visits to the MoMA, The Guggenheim, and the Met! Wow!
It was very fun to have lunch and cannolis in Little Italy, take a touristy carriage ride in Central Park, stroll through SoHo, and soak in the view from our hotel on Times Square!
Many thanks to the Martinez family for treating me to this fabulous holiday trip!

Do I feel guilty about having so much fun while my poor hubby worked so hard in St. Louis? Maybe a little...

No comments: