We're buying a house! Wow. It doesn't feel real. After 5 months and 4 different offers on different houses... we finally got an offer accepted! 12k below their asking price!
God is so good and faithful. These months have really taught me about trusting Him. The last few months I just kept repeating "I trust you... I trust you..." He knew we needed a place to live, and he lead us to the right place. We're so grateful.
We never thought we'd be able to buy a house... but with the housing market crashing here in the U.S. these months and the record low interest rates, it just worked out to our advantage!
For those of you in Europe: You're probably freaking out and thinking that this house is a mansion! It actually costs way less than Edgar sold his TINY flat in The Netherlands for. (And he sold it 4 years ago!) So keep that in mind and move to Georgia with us! :)
This area is also much cheaper than many other places in the U.S. Don't move to New York, California, or Miami, for example!
Details: It has 3 bedrooms, 2 bathrooms, a two car garage, and is on .8 of an acre, perched on a hill. We're only 10 minutes from OM, driving through the country.
We had our inspection, and found that the inside of the house is in great shape, but the outside has been neglected a bit. We're going to have to replace bits of siding, some windows, and paint the entire house exterior! Looks like Edgar and I will have plenty of stuff to keep us busy.
We're really excited, although it is a bit surreal. Our closing is on June 2. You are all welcome to come visit! We're going to have a guest room finally! Yay! I'm so excited and hope you will come stay with us!!
1 comment:
SOOOO COOOOOLLLLL!!!!!!!!!!!!
It looks beautiful!
I'm so excited! for you guys!
...AND for me! :) cuz it will be so fun to come visit people who are my friends, my age, who have a house! :) hee. craziness.
i'll be praying until you all close and the final papers are all signed!
Post a Comment