Wednesday, December 03, 2008

Birthday Fun!

Edgar spent his birthday in Texas...working.
I had a series of celebrations. A football game, where we watched the Miami Hurricanes get WHIPED by Georgia Tech. sad. But it was still fun to go to a game (with my parents, brother, and Edgar). And really weird to be FREEZING watching a "miami" game. Normally we'd be sweating and melting watching home games at the good old "orange bowl."


We had my family over for dinner the next night. We had birthday cake and watched WALL-E. Very cute movie.

On my actual birthday, Nov. 22, I had my first ever "waffle house" experience. For you foreigners who don't know what I'm talking about, I promise to take you to waffle house when you visit us. I actually had a very good waffle.


The rest of the day I got to indulge my fascination with small towns. We drove around to different towns in the area, ate lunch at one of our favorite coffee shops, and poked around the many "antique" shops. I spent a lot of imaginary dollars on VERY cool finds, like this table. *sigh* if only...


One of my birthday gifts was a lino-graph kit! I was so excited! I'm fascinated by old wood-cut and etched images. I've been wanting to try relief printing for about a year. So here is my first attempt... carving away in my studio!

No comments: