Friday, March 12, 2010

Presentation Kit design

Lately I've been working on a presentation folder for our development team here at OM USA. The development team travels around the U.S. meeting with individuals to tell them about what God is doing around the world through OM--and how they can be a part of it by contributing financially. For a long time the communication team has wanted to create an informational tool that clearly communicates key areas of the world that will be greatly impacted by American Christians' financial investment. This is a big project. I actually started it three years ago before I even worked at this office! Anna, my former co-designer, already was working here & pulled me in with another designer friend to brainstorm the structure of this piece. But time passed & lots of obstacles fell in this project's path. We faced various hold-ups in writing the text for it and, ironically, lack of finances to print this fund-raising piece!

But after our team retreat and meeting with the development team, we realized that we HAD to push those issues aside, dig the project out of dusty file folders, and MAKE IT HAPPEN!

So, here's the design proposal I came up with. I would appreciate your prayers for this project. The text is still being developed, please pray against any hang-ups on that end. Pray that we can move ahead & actually complete this piece so that the development team will have a useful tool to present to donors. Pray for me as I continue to develop "the look" of OM in the U.S. I recently tweaked the OM color palette and used this project in conjunction with a new web look that we're working on to streamline OM's overall look. (The new web look should be unveiled pretty soon too!)


Click on the photo & you can see it larger.

No comments: